Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Designing Woman and the Blog

After having a blog for less than twenty-four hours I am officially irritated, so I thought I would inform the masses.

I have been trying to add a cute design to my blog from shabbyblogs.com but I have been unsuccessful. Help! If anyone is reading this, please give me step-by-step instructions on how to get a cute design. Thank you.

On another note, did anyone ever watch Designing Women? I grew up in Georgia which is basically a southern requirement, including black eyed peas and sweet tea.

After watching almost every episode growing up and having an addiction to HGTV you would think I would have all of the necessary knowledge to decorate for my wedding. This is not so. However, Brent and I are very thankful and blessed by the Lord and those at our church.

5 comments:

  1. Go to dashboard. Click on the design tab. Then add a gadget.

    You want to add the HTML/JavaScript gadget. Don't title it anything. In the box is where you put the code from Shabby Blogs.

    When you are at Shabby Blogs click on "Install Background". Then copy and paste the code into the HTML/Java Script box. Wah-la!

    Should work. www.thecutestblogontheblock.com is also super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So THAT'S our common bond! I graduated from H.S. in GA. and it is still 'home' along with R.S. and Jerusalem!! (:

    Enjoy!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley- I have been doing that but the other template isn't going away and I don't know how to make it go away. I love the backgrounds from www.thecutestblogontheblock.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm Make sure you're deleting the HTML code from a previous background before installing a new one. I had a friend design my blog because I am computer challenged!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kristin, you have to have your blogger design template set to simple.

    text/call me & i'll walk you through it whenever :)

    ReplyDelete